Sunday, May 4, 2014

#7. Get Published

I have high hopes that I am able to do more to cross this off more definitely, however, I have worked hard to accomplish the minimum, so I'm marking it as progress.

When I started working at MU, publishing data briefs was on the wish list for my predecessor and both of my supervisors. I spent my first year treading water and adding to the wish list, so my second year I could start crossing items off. While I'm proud of my time at MU, my proudest accomplishment was the publication of eighteen data-briefs using the surveys I implemented and analyzed. I did not write them all, although I did write a majority, but I truly believe they wouldn't have happened without me (toot, toot, I know).

But perhaps the best part of this accomplishment, is that it didn't end after I left. July marks the end of the first year of my replacement, and I'm happy that they've accomplished another year of published data-briefs. Hopefully, this is an accomplishment that continues in the years to come!


(And for the shameless plug, if you're interested in learning more about College Students in Missouri, check out http://pip.missouri.edu/research.html)

No comments:

Post a Comment