Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The List, Part V

Had a slight hiccup with the past few posts not posting, but I think I've gotten it figured out. If there happened to be anyone out there who was just dying for the last few items, I'm sorry! (although, I'm sure I'm the only one who was really upset they didn't go out!)

Onward!

6. Run a 5k
          I had several friends run in the 'Color Run' in KC this past summer. On my list was to run a 5k, but after seeing the pictures of their adventure, combined with reading about it, it sounds like too much fun to miss! I've heard that it took awhile to get the color out of your hair and skin, so maybe I'll think about running it in a hazamat suit with an over sized t-shirt (also, how the hell do you correctly spell 'Hazmat'? Blogger is telling me I misspelled it, but is not being helpful in offering suggestions...). I suppose any 5k will work, but seeing as how I easily get bored when working out, it'll need to be a fun one!

7. Get published
          Likely looking at writing a journal/research article for this one, as that's where my knowledge and higher chances lie. However, I'll take whatever! I'd like to be able to be published in something that people will read, not just something that people I know will read. I'm sure my 'rents will read anything I eventually get published, but it would be nice for someone out there I don't know to read something I wrote, because it was published. I think it can definitely happen, I just should probably get to work sooner rather than later...maybe after completing the job hunt? Or maybe complete this one before the job hunt begins?

8. Go on a mission-type trip to help others in a foreign country
          Considering I had once considered making this my life work (i.e., moving to Africa and working in a school/hospital/community to help others), it only seems right that it end up on my list. I don't necessarily want to/need to travel with a religiously-affiliated organization, however, those seem to be the likely conduit for the trip. I currently have friends living overseas, living this life, so I think I could easily follow their footsteps and do it for a few weeks or a month. Perhaps longer, but it's tough to go longer when you're scheduling around school, job hunting and career working...

9. Go zip-lining
         As afraid of heights as I can be, and as much as I hate roller coasters, there's something about zip-lining that intrigues me. I've done it once--on a very small course in central Missouri. However, the sights were purely trees and the rushing closeness of the guides. I'd like to go someplace a little more exciting (i.e., the Amazon!) but would settle for a different course in a different part of Missouri. I'd love to go skydiving too, but somehow I think I might not be able to get outta the plane...zip-lining seems to be a good alternative.

10. Buy a car
          After talking to A., this one may not be necessary to accomplish before 30. As much as I love Cinderelly, I have a feeling she will need to be traded in for a newer model within the next few years. And since that's likely to happen, I put it on my list with the intent to be able to afford one/be in a place to buy a car, and to get one that I want. However, it seems like I might not need to when it gets time to trade her in, so I suppose this goes with the debt item, and I want to be able to buy a car if I need to...

No comments:

Post a Comment