Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The List, Part IV

While I've had quite the adventure this past weekend, none of them fell completely within my list! No worries though, I hope to have more than 30 adventures the next five years...

11. Learn to Golf
          A is a good golfer, and has an incredibly strong swing (from what I can tell). Part of me wants to be able to be a golfing couple as we get older, but most of me just wants to wear the cute outfits and be able to back it up with at least a decent golf game. However, I am not the greatest sports learner, so it may take actual lessons from people who teach for a living, as opposed to lessons from A.

12. Visit Finland
          With one of the best education systems in the world (nerd, I know), plus being in a different portion of Europe, it's hard to not put it on my list. I have other countries I wanna go to, and will try to work in, if I ever make it to Europe (i.e., Italy & Spain for sure), but for now, the obsession is with Finland.

13. Go to a St. Louis Cardinals World Series (or playoff) game
          When I was in 8th grade, I joked with a friend that I wanted to be important enough to sit in the green seats behind home plate. Since I managed to accomplish that before I made my list (lucky slide), I've upped it to going to a playoff game. I'd like to go to the WS, but since playoffs are more plentiful, I'm aiming there first...

14. Get a pet!
          This is one of those givens; I'm sure in the next five years A and I will have at least one pet. However, I want one that I can pick out and is "mine", but I want to wait and make sure I'm in a good place before I get one. Ideally, I'd get one while living alone and finishing school, but that doesn't quite seem fair to the pet! We shall see...

15. Learn to ride a motorcycle
          I used to want to own a bike, likely more of a sports-bike, as opposed to a Harley. However, as I've gotten older, I'm not sure it's such a feasible idea. Also considering I don't have the strongest health or life insurance, it might not be the best idea. Plus, I kinda like not dying and being in accidents. That being said, I've really wanted to ride one since undergrad, so I'm taking it one step further and hoping to learn to ride one myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment