Sunday, August 3, 2014

#21. Pay off all student loans

This was one of my more ambitious goals I set at 25 while in school and making about $1000/month; pay off nearly $40,000 (and growing) in student loans.

I had been making small payments to my loans after graduating from Missouri State (and realizing the growing debt I was in), but making about $1000 per month doesn't allow for much extra money for knocking out a large amount of debt. After graduating from MU, finding a job, and realizing how exciting it is to have a real job (with a respectable income and benefits), I've made tremendous strides towards this goal. I'm nearing my one-year anniversary of having a "big-kid" job, and in the past year, I've managed to pay off one of my student loans completely, and make a respectable dent in the others. It's definitely still in progress, but seeming more possible to reach by 30 every month.


Here's to continuing the progress in the next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment