Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The List, Part I

I've decided to break my list of 30 adventures into six lists of five. Mostly so my running story of adventures has more posts, and because I can't write about them all that quickly...(just being honest)

I've started at the end of my list, so numbers 25 thru 30. As I mentioned, the list took me much longer than I originally thought it would. Consequently, some of these items are less adventurous, and more odd...


26. Learn to ski/snowboard
          I've been to Colorado two separate times, once I even stayed in the mountains, but I've never even attempted to ski. I'm sure I'll be horrible at it, as my balance isn't the greatest. However, I have decent footwork, and if I'm going to break a leg, I should probably do it while I'm younger as opposed to older!

27. Go to Gamma Phi Beta Convention
          When I joined Gamma Phi Beta in 2008, I never anticipated it meaning as much as it does to me. I see my sisters go to convention and come back different individuals, more alive and on fire with the love of the sorority. I don't want to be a forever collegian (for real!) or even a forever, completely involved sister. But it's given me such great memories, I want to keep making them! Denver didn't work out for me this year, so I have my sights set on Seattle in 2014. (Plus, who doesn't want to visit Seattle?!?!)

28. Become a Certified Fitness Instructor
         This one may be a stretch--literally. I enjoy sitting on my couch, watching movies, or staring at my computer screen. However, I do also enjoy a good workout...when I decide I'm tired of the previous three things. I'm sure with a little dedication and work, it could make for a good side job. Plus, I anticipate my future career to consist of a lot of sitting, walking to meetings, and lunches at my desk. I need something to balance all of that out...

29. Go Rock Climbing
          I once dated a guy who loved to rock-climb. It didn't work out that well for us, and I have very little upper body strength to pull this off. However, there was a point in my life when I was so excited to go camp, climb and be adventurous, that it made the list. My only hope is that I work on having some sort of arm strength before this attempt, mainly so I don't completely waste a trip and embarrass myself. 

30. Try to like the NBA (specifically, go to at least 3 games and give it a fair chance).
          When I was in high school, I loved watching both high school and college basketball. When I went to college, I became an even bigger college basketball fan. However, I've never made the jump to enjoying professional basketball. I understand the guys are very talented, well-paid, and famous. But really? Can't quite stand to watch the games. With the anticipated move within the next year, there will be a NBA team with easy access in the city. Plus, my favorite MU player getting drafted helps my chances of fulfilling this goal...let's go Pacers and Pistons?



...check back next week for the previous five!

No comments:

Post a Comment